Monday, February 13, 2012

Web Wilderness / Branching Out

Trying to fight that Monday fatigue? I know we are. Here are some links to help dispose of some of that weariness.


Have you seen this hilariousness? Eye candy + feminism = Feminist Ryan Gosling.


Are you a single gal lookin to pin down a man? Read these: tips for single women...from 1938. Some are ridiculous, but a few still ring true 74 years later. Such as this gem: "Don't be conspicuous talking to other men. The last straw is to pass out from too much liquor. Chances are your date will never call you again!" Words to live by. (Retronaut)


In honor of Valentine's Day, check out Love Ever After for portraits and stories of couples who have been together for more than 50 years by Lauren Fleishman.

How to surive a zombie attack! Read carefully so you have a fighting chance at the inevitable take over of the undead. (NY Mag)

 I never really watched Roseanne, but I do have a lot of friends who consider John Goodman to be their TV Dad, cheers to him for getting a second chance to provide some fatherly influence to a new generation (AV Club)


Happy Birthday to Kim Novak! I have always idolized her role in Vertigo. She’s 79 today and I hate to say it, but when I was doing research to see what she was up to now, all I could find were a slew of articles discussing her taking out a full page ad to attack The Artist stating the music was stolen from Vertigo. Just bizarre, Ms. Novak (UK Daily Mail)


Awake. Where am I? This is the opening to one of my favorite movies Memento which launched the widely successful career of Christopher Nolan. Riding on the coattails of the release of The Vow (which p.s. YUCK) IFC has compiled a list of their 10 favorite amnesia movies. I dare you to read it and try to forget (IFC)


 Lucille Bluth is one of my favorite fictional characters, which is just one of Jessica Walter’s roles addressed in this great interview. It wasn’t until after my discovery of Netflix that I saw some of her other films including Play Misty For Me and the fantastically hilarious TV show Archer. Do yourself a favor and if nothing else watch Archer which is available via Netflix Instant Watch or FX.  (AV Club)

No comments:

Post a Comment