FRIDAY March 23
- OMAHA FASHION WEEK!! WO + SF look forward to these two times (yes two times!) a year where we can feel important and fancy like Anna Wintour even from our Row D seats (hey we’re cheap). We chose to go to this Friday showing as our absolute FAVORITE local designers are showing their lines tonight. Go Princess Lasertron and Emma Erickson!! We CAN’T WAIT to see their fun, flirty, and fashionable ready to wear separates.
- Another Omaha female we look up to - Laura Burhenn and her band The Mynabirds are returning to Omaha after playing a few shows out of town, including SXSW. Check them out tonight at The Waiting Room beginning at 9 pm. It’s only $8 kids! We can GUARANTEE you will enjoy this one.
- Seriously, it’s FEMALE EMPOWERMENT WEEKEND here in Omaha as yet another local creative Heather Johanson will be opening her show entitled “If you Build It They Will Come: A Contemporary Ecological Survey In Omaha” at Birdhouse Collectibles located in the Mastercraft building in NoDo (North Downtown). If you can’t make it to the opening reception tonight, there will also be an artist talk on April 28th at 2 pm.
- There’s another great show over at O’Leaver’s tonight. Bear Stories is a local four piece instrumental group whose cresting soundscape will warm your heart and insides as they flood your body. Like Do Make Say Think and Explosions in the Sky? Then don’t miss this show, only $5 show beginning at 9:30 pm.
SATURDAY March 24
- Looking for a new place to eat? Wraps & Crepes on 114th and Dodge just received a great review from the Omaha World Herald and definitely whet our appetite. $2.99 samosa?! Yes Please!!
- When WO + SF went to February’s Free Art Talk down at the Bemis, we were lucky enough to hear current Bemis fellow Eric Zimmerman explain his creative processes and purposes. Today between 1 – 3 pm all current artists-in-residence will be opening up their studios to the public. This event is FREE guys!
- Sly Fox is punk rock at heart. By day she may dress in her business casual clothes, hair combed, tattoos covered, but by night? By night it’s black all the way. Black jeans, black band t-shirts, black skirts, black tights, black leather jacket. Brother’s Lounge is where this black lives and breathes and tonight you can thrash along with her to bands Peace of Shit, Baby Tears, and Digital Leather. Show starts at 9 pm, again only $5.
- LAST DAY FOR OFW! As the festivities wind down, House of Loom is hosting an extra special after party known as the Saturday Night Jig. Each Saturday HOL Co-Founder Brent Crampton along with guests host this high-fueled dance romp. Begins at 10 pm and it’s FREE!
SUNDAY March 25
- Sly Fox will be enjoying an early brunch with her family at Lot 2 as her poor, but lovely, BF will be working pouring mimosas and serving up some delicious poached eggs. NOM NOM!!
- It’s going to be another beautiful day, how about you enjoy the weather with some friends and a picnic up at Memorial Park?
- It’s a very exciting day for Sly Fox as she’s getting her fifth tattoo at local shop Black Squirrel. Her appointment’s at 4 pm, let’s hope it doesn’t sting too bad!!