Happy Memorial Day! We hope you're all enjoy this long weekend with your friends and family. I'm so excited Kerry is back in the US and proud that she stayed up for almost 24 hours so she could hang out at my BBQ on Saturday night. Bienvenue chez vous Kerry!
So while we're dreading returning to work tomorrow, here are a few links to help you forget about your responsibilities:
- Now that it's officially summer, celebrate by looking at 10 literary masters in their bathing suits.
- Apparently Danzig was asked to play Wolverine in the X-Men movies. When asked if he had taken the role would he have played it differently than Hugh Jackman click here to see his response.
- Speaking of Danzig, here's a look at Nick Cave's personal journal along with 15 other authors and artists. I am a huge believer in the cathartic power and creativity journaling brings to your life, buy a moleskine journal today and start writing or drawing whatever comes to mind.
- Summertime means that baseball season is among us. The crack of the wooden bat, the hope of catching a foul ball and heckling the third base couch are just a few of the things we like most about the sport of baseball. In actuality, this is the one sport both Kerry and I can agree makes the most sense to us. Apparently we're not the only ones, as this writer chronicles her attempt to become a baseball fan.
- If this was an ideal world I would live in a bookstore. This Memorial Day weekend much time will be spend trying to get my pale skin to not burst into flames as I sit outside and catch up on some reading. What I am currently reading? The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood. Need a good summer book recommendation? Here are 15 from indie booksellers around the U.S.
|Backyard before BBQ commencement|
|Bacon Wrapped Jalepenos Dee-lish!|