I'm so excited, dear readers. because Kerry comes back this holiday weekend! She better spend those 8 hours on the plane ride back to the states organizing some sort of elaborate and multi-faceted presentation to describe the highlights of her trip. No pressure Kerry, but I do expect there to be an interactive sing-along prepared for the occasion.
So, as our work weeks wind down, WO + SF are getting wound up for this Memorial Day 'Merica Touting Three Day weekend!
FRIDAY May 25th
- One of the most amazing untapped Happy Hour on Friday's is The Friday Afternoon Club down at House of Loom. Each week they bring in an Omaha "notable" to play a DJ set. The catch? These "notables" aren't actually DJ's by trade. This week check out Steve G from RDQLUS CREATIVE as he spins some of his favorite tunes. Trust me, he will make you move. Free event from 5 - 8 pm, drinks specials and free food (do you see what we mean by most amazing untapped Happy Hour?!)
- Head downtown to The New BLK to support Skate For Change and check out 50 local artist's perspectives on skateboard decks. The event is free and starts at 7 pm. Be sure to grab some mini-desserts supplied by J. CoCo
- Been to the Homey Inn lately? I haven't. While I have a pretty strict rule on never ordering champagne on tap ever again, I may find a reason to "celebrate" tomorrow and break this principle.
SATURDAY May 26th
- In preparation for Benson Beer Fest, why not head over to Lucky Bucket Brewing Co. for a tasting and tour? Lucky Bucky is sponsoring the Benson Beer Fest so get a first taste at what to expect next weekend!
- It's going to be a hot day, but if you feel like getting out of the house and walking around we recommend going on the 6th Annual Open Studio Tour where you can see work by Tim Guthrie and Bill Hoover. Event is free from 12 - 5 pm.
- We're having a BBQ Tonight! It was kind of a last minute decision, but nothing is more fun than grabbing a bunch of your friends, telling them to bring you food and booze and lighting up a grill! Wish me luck because last time I tried to light the grill, Kerry's hair ended up becoming slightly incinerated. Whoops.
SUNDAY May 27th
- After last night do you need some nostalgia to slam dunk that hangover into oblivion? I typically don't because crying in public is for pansies, but I may make an exception and go down to Filmstreams to see Charlotte's Web. Oh Wilbur, you lovable buffoon.
- OMG you guys there's a Prince Vs. Michael Jackson DJ duel happening tonight down at House of Loom. I honestly don't think I need to expand on this subject any more. Put on those dancing shoes because you're definitely going to need them. $5 starts at 9 pm.
MONDAY May 28th
- JESUS CHRIST TAKE A BREAK AND RELAX. YOU GOT PRETTY DRUNK THIS WEEKEND.
|Here's a gratuitous picture of Bebop. Let's hope he behaves around our company on Saturday Night (God I hope he doesn't try to hump anyone)|