Thursday, July 26, 2012

Revelations

I, Meghan, have had a lot of pent of aggression as of late and feel the need to express that anger and subsequent sadness in the following list. I don't want to speak on behalf of Kerry by any means, but here are some issues which have recently preoccupied my mind:

  1. I love my boyfriend as much as a husband even though we're not married. Why is everyone so eager to achieve these huge life milestones in such quick succession? Rushing into a marriage and parenthood does not mean that you are better or that your relationship means more than others
  2. I really don't care for Icky Blossoms...at all. But seriously, do not like, at all. There, I said it. 
  3. People in the Omaha scene are afraid to say what they really feel about local bands and the music they are releasing. No one calls crap music crap and no one goes out to see really great experimental bands who are challenging the type of music that's popular
  4. Omaha girls are to be seen and not heard. Meaning they are supposed to be young, stylish, and without opinion or self-worth
  5. I recently called out an acquaintance on Facebook for talking about marriage and love in the Man + Wife + God way because I think that love is so much more than that...and following my statement of question, I was made to apologize because while their form of love is acceptable, other forms are not
  6. Many local business owners who I've respected in the past, have had a taste of Omaha fame and become too arrogant
  7. I'm a smoker and a drinker and I will NEVER apologize for either of those vices even though you want to judge me
  8. I love my dog more than words can say and I worry about his eventual demise in my worst nightmares. This is my greatest fear: That he'll die some horribly painful death and I won't be able to do anything about it
  9. My parents will never understand what I want to do in my life, what I do in my free time and why I love my passions in life so much
  10. Friends are fleeting. If you're lucky, you'll have one to four friends who will love you no matter what. They know you inside and out, from the days of your youth to where you stand now and they'll always support your decisions, celebrate your triumphs, and be there when you feel at your lowest. 
That's just a few thoughts from me. I know who I am. I'm honest, direct and logical to the point where it's probably annoying. I don't appreciate other people's bullshit and I will never apologize for feeling the way that I do. 

2 comments:

  1. My relationship means more than yours because it is recognized by the law. And Jesus. Love, Mrs. Samantha Pollard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh darn I forgot about that Jesus guy!

    ReplyDelete