This past weekend was one of those perfect summer weekends where you just sit outside with a bunch of your friends, eating, drinking...and bouncing in a Disney Princess bouncy house. Yes, we celebrated the coming of Kerry's 25th birthday with one very large, very juvenile, and very fun inflatable bounce pad. It was surprisingly aerobically challenging, and by the end of the eight hour rental we had broken approximately a quarter of their rules. Check back later this week to hear (and see!) more.
So as we go to to our boring offices, here are a few interesting items to help distract you -
- It's Monday, so don't skip out on your breakfast. Start the week off with a good dose of delicious and gluttonous homemade sausage gravy and biscuits.
- When we went to this year's Record Store day, I picked up a limited edition Leonard Cohen album while Cooper picked up this great collection of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club songs which had never been released. Record Store day is a very special holiday as many important artists donate their time to put out limited pressings of their recordings available only if you visit your local record store. If you weren't lucky enough to purchase anything this year, you can now stream The Flaming Lip's album which features collaborations with such greats as Erykah Badu, Yoko Ono, Bon Iver, Nick Cave (!!!), and well, Ke$ha.
- Ok, these pictures of where 12 Disney families are now are fucking adorable.
- After reading this post about making pasta, I really want to take a cooking class . Where's a good place in Omaha to do this??
- Our friend G wants to take us all camping here in the next few weeks for his birthday. He's been visiting every local outfitting store AND shopping online so he can get everything the needs to practice his survival skills out in the wilderness. By survival skills, yes, I mean the zombie kind. While for this trip we'll stay on camping grounds, if we ever feel more adventurous we could visit these abandoned towns and test our survival skills for real.
- Some Midwest love - here's a collection of photos taken of the people in a small Iowa town back in 1984 and now.
- Hey, do you like music? Do you like writing? Be a part of something at Hear Nebraska - they're looking for interns. More info here.
- Relax one night this week with this homemade lavender and oatmeal tub tea.
- I really want to see this movie Ruby Sparks. It sounds like one of the most interesting story lines I've heard of in a long time. Read here to see why this movie is working to smash the stereotypical female character, the Manic Pixie Dream Girl.
- Stanley Kubrick was a cinematic genius who changed how we watch movies today. Here are 30 of his most classic Cinemagraphs.
- The New Yorker's profile on Bruce "The Boss" Springstein is truly amazing. Are you going to get tickets for when he stops in Omaha?
- OMG these reading lists from some of my favorite fictional characters is FANTASTIC. I seriously want to work to read everything Rory Gilmore has ever read.
|Yeah, it's Bebop trying to get into the bouncy house. Find out if he made it in tomorrow!|