FRIDAY July 27
- Miss Meghan is going to a bachelorette party which apparently might include a trip to Dipstix. Ohhhh, yeah. So yeah, strip clubs...that's always an option on any day of the week.
- One of our favorite neighborhoods, Benson, also has a birthday! Benson is celebrating ONE HUNDRED and twenty five years, which makes me feel oh so young. There are tons of things going on in Benson all weekend. The fun all starts on Friday with a free show and fireworks. Check out their website here for the full schedule of all the events. I just might have to hit up a few of my fave Benson bars to start the celebration.
- The Omaha World Herald recently put out this article on Omaha Beer Gardens. We totally agree that the patio pictured at Rose and Crown is one of the best patios/beer gardens in Omaha to drink on. Since it's supposed to cool down a tiny bit, go visit one, or some, or all, of these beer gardens!
SATURDAY July 28
- The 125th anniversary of Benson continues with pancakes and a parade. Tell me a better way to start off your morning, I dare you.
- I've never actually been to these, but for the 9th year running is the annual Playing With Fire blues concert at Lewis and Clark landing. I've heard nothing but great things about it and if it weren't for my puppy princess part, I would totally be there.
- Awwww, shiiiiit. The Oscar Mayer Wienermobile is in town, at a Walmart near you. Please go take your family's Christmas card photo in front of this.
- Weezer, an oldie, but a goodie, is playin at Stir Concert Cove. Weezer is the epitome and center of the music I listened to in high school and I'm sure many of you can relate.
- Meghan and I were just talking about how we need to see more movies and how she's planning on hitting up a matinee showing of Moonrise Kingdom at Film Streams on Sunday. With so many movies out and so many theatres, why not save a few bucks and hit an afternoon showing while beating the heat?