Thursday, August 9, 2012

Another Easy Summer Recipe - Stinky Bruschetta

One of my favorite (and easiest) appetizer recipes to make is bruschetta. It's a perfect time of year to make it too because all of the tomatoes are just so darn delicious.

I had a craving for bruschetta this past weekend after talking about Nicola's - which has one of the best bruschettas in town, especially since two slices of it come with every meal. 

So here's my super simple and delicious bruschetta recipe:
  • 6 roma (plum) tomatoes
  • 4 cloves minced garlic (I LOVE garlic so I use a shit load of it for this appetizer. Your breath may smell for days, but it's totally worth it)
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 2 1/2 Tbs balsamic vinegar - this is what makes the bruschetta taste tart, so don't be afraid to put more in if you like
  • 1/2 cup fresh basil (I also seriously love basil, so I use a ton of this item too)
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • French baguette
  • 2 cups fresh mozzarella (shredded sometimes works better)

Mix all ingredients in a decent sized bowl. The juices really soak up the oils if you can sit the mixture in the fridge a few hours before you serve. Slice and toast the french baguette pieces in your broiler. Top the tomato mixture with the mozzarella. 



And that's it!! Wasn't that incredibly easy?! Enjoy your stinky breath!



No comments:

Post a Comment