Monday, August 6, 2012

Web Wilderness / Branching Out

Two days just isn't enough time to fully relax. It seems as soon as I'm celebrating being done with work on Friday I suddenly find myself on Sunday night in a state of pure dread. At least the weather has been absolutely beautiful these past two days. Let's hope it's here to stay because I am totally eager to layer with sweaters and wear big ass wool socks and long underwear again. 

That being said, we do have the work week ahead of us. One of these days, I'm going to work for myself so I can make my own hours - but until there here are some links to help you distract yourself from mundane Mondays. 

  • It's Meatless Monday!! Why not try to stay away from meat today with this chickpea casserole with lemon, herbs, and shallots. 
  • We'll admit it, we watch a lot of television. One of our favorite compilation lists of recent is Flavor Wires 20 Best Opening Scenes in Television. It takes a while to get through them all, but it's totally worth it. Openings of note - Breaking Bad, My So-Called Life, Game of Thrones, Freaks and Geeks.
  • The older we get, the more we're reminded that our defining pop culture references are outdated and that kids these days have no clue what the fuck we're talking about. Speaking of those defining pop culture references - here are 23 things we should probably forget about the 90's. 
  • A reminder - Feminist isn't a bad word, in fact you're likely a feminist but don't even know it. Well, at least Jezebel seems to think so
  • YES, this set of 10 memorable sets of sisters in fiction is fantastic. 
  • I finally got around to watching Bridesmaids this weekend and I want more! Luckily, the trailer for Bachelorette came out this week to save me from a lonely existence without female debauchery. 
  • As summer winds down, I find myself wanting to spend hours in the darkness of the cinema. Filmstreams is my favorite local theater, as an art house they bring in some of the most interesting films we wouldn't be able to find in our town otherwise. If you are looking for a good indie film to look out for in August, here are some ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment