FRIDAY August 17
- The Queen of Versailles opens at Film Streams! I know, I know, I just spewed some shit about spending time OUTside instead of at a movie, but we have been waiting for this film to come to town. It looks like a long episode of Real Housewives, but realer, and we are in to that.
- Patio it up, dudes! Find your favorite restaurant with a patio and eat and drink at it. It's a no brainer!
- OR, head to Aksarben for RIB FEST. Free admission, free live music, and all the ribs you can eat (and pay for). We'd much rather eat a funnel cake than ribs, but that's just us.
SATURDAY August 18
- Why not take a little trip waaaay out to West Omaha and walk around Zorinsky Lake with your pup or some friends, or both!
- A great way to enjoy the great outdoors is watching America's greatest pastime. Baseball, of course! The Omaha Storm Chasers are playings the Nashville Sounds AND there's fireworks after the game! Beer, hotdogs, and a healthy dose of heckling sound like a great night to us.
- Thank god for Film Streams. They show THE BEST films. This weekend they are screening 'Funny Face", which is one of those classics I've just never gotten around to seeing but really want to see. I imagine it will be an amazing film to see on the big screen, too.
- It's Soul Night at The Sydney, which is for real the best bar with the best soundtrack on these nights. We had tons of fun doin' the twist last time we went.
SUNDAY August 19
- Paperdoll is hosting a Pinterest party. Have a million crafts pinned on your Pinterest board that you've never gotten around to doing? Well, Paperdoll makes it easy for you by providing the supplies and helpful in-person instruction on how to complete 4 different crafts. You pick one of the four to do!