FRIDAY August 24
- I really want to try a restaurant I haven't been to before. Sometimes it's hard to getting around to trying new places because you love so many other places, and Omaha has so many restaurants to offer. But it's always good to mix it up and branch out so if you too are looking for a new place to try, here are some of my picks: Lalibela Ethiopian Restaurant, El Basha, Taste, and the Bohemian Cafe.
- The only place we'll be later on is at one of our main hangouts, Brother's Lounge, for a great show: Her Flyaway Manner, Dim Light, and Dead Wave. It's a little bit of an incestuous show, if you will, as all the bands share at least one member and we expect to see all our friends there. Great bands, cheap booze, what more can you want?
- Well, if you DO want more, Monty Python and the Holy Grail is the midnight movie this weekend at the Dundee Theatre.
- Speaking of Dundee, it's Dundee Day! Held in the center of Dundee at 50th and Underwood, there's lots of family fun, but also there's a beer garden for those of you that wanna get your drink on and listen to some bands.
- Our friends will be pouring wine at the Riverfront Wine Festival taking place at Stinson Park. Get your fancy on and go taste wines from around the world while munching on hors d'oeuvres.
- It's the Omaha Fashion Week Finale Show and it's also the first year we haven't gone. This year they are doing things a little differently by having the finale be a "best of" the whole week so if you haven't made it out to any of the shows this week you can see the "best" all in one night.
- Finally, House of Loom is once again hosting the Omaha Fashion Week After Party, which we also went to last year and had tons of fun at. I think we sort of accidentally crashed the VIP session, got pretty drunk, and danced our asses off.
- Fall is creepin up so don't forget about the Farmer's Market and get down there for fresh food and veggies while you still can. On Sundays the market is held at Aksarben Village.
- In the same vain, you will want to keep taking advantage of some Sunday day drinking on patios while the weather is so great. Krug Park, La Buvette, or whatever your go to is, hit it up while you still can.