Monday, September 17, 2012

Web Wilderness / Branching Out


Man on man does it feel good to have done nothing this last weekend but sit around watching Gilmore Girls. Mommy needed a break. The nights are getting darker and cooler and I've been enjoying wearing my new golden yellow hoodie around, but am having trouble leaving my denim shorts behind. 

We've been sleeping with our bedroom windows open and sometimes when I'm about to go to bed I can smell fall in the air - mostly because one of our neighbors makes a fire almost every night (should I be concerned about that?). I can't wait to wear tights and boots for the first time, eat a carmel apple, and visit a pumpkin patch.

But there's plenty of time for all of that. In the meantime, enjoy these internet findings -
  • It's no secret, we love dogs. It breaks our heart that we can't give every dog out there a home. Especially after looking at these pictures of shelter dogs whose personalities shine through.
  • I posted this link to Twitter earlier this week (follow us @WiseOwlSlyFox) and I thought it would be worth reposting here. In an election year it's important that as women we get out there and vote for our issues, our bodies, and our rights. 
  • God knows we love our books, but these incredible installations of shredded books prove there's more to the novel than the words inside. 
  • So, I'm kind of a scardy-cat, but I secretly love horror movies and everything creepy. For instance, I couldn't stop looking at these paintings. 
  • I'm still pretty jelly Kerry wen to France without me. At least I have these super neat photos of movement in France and Berlin to imagine that I went there.
  • Oh my god you guys, I'm still pretty broken up by the fact that Amy Poehler and Will Arnett are getting a divorce! So much so, that I don't want to talk about it right now because I'm getting depressed all over again. If that wasn't enough, here are seven other couples I personally feel invested in. 
  • Broken Flowers is more than just a movie. 
  • A copy of the 1968 Playboy Club Bunny manual anyone?
  • Here's a collection of some of literature's best closing paragraphs.
  • I'd like to think of myself as a movie buff. Especially when it comes to being able to recognize some of the more obscure character actors like these guys. 
  • Larry David narrated a pretty funny (and honest) look-back on President Obama's first term for The Daily Show last week. 
I'm been listening to the folk station on Spotify and I totally forgot how much I loved this band a few years ago. Folk music just accompanies fall soooo well.

No comments:

Post a Comment