Friday, September 7, 2012

Wind Down / Wound Up

While Meghan abandons me to go to a wedding in Western Nebraska, I'll be holding down the fort in Omaha. It's all good though because there are tons of things going on plus I gotta do some packing and working on the home front. Despite the fact that it's been a 4 day work week, it feels like it's been an 8 day work week or some shit. FOR REAL. I will be breathing a sigh of relief at 5:30 pm tomorrow evening. While the work week winds down, WO+SF and crew are getting wound up for the weekend.

FRIDAY September 7
  • Private eyes, are watchin you, they see your every move. Yeah, that's right Daryl Hall and John Oates are rockin' it at Stir Concert Cove. I guess the show just sold out but I'm sure you could hit up a scalper to see these 80's hit makers.
  • It's that time of month, First Friday. Go to BFF (Benson First Friday) with your BFF for art, music, and, of course, drinks.
  • We are huge fans of This American Life, Ira Glass, and Mike Birbiglia so the movie "Sleepwalk With Me" is right up our alley. It opens at Film Streams today.
  • There are a few new bars in town: Impulse out in West O and of course, Pageturner's Lounge: Connie O's new bar. Are we allowed to call him that? We just did. The bar's namesake drink the Page Turner sounds delicious.
SATURDAY September 8
SUNDAY September 9
  • A sale after our own hearts: a used book sale! It's at the Second Unitarian Church of Omaha and you price your purchase yourself! Go out and get some more books to add to your home library. 
  • I haven't been to Lincoln in over a year and a half. One of the best things about Lincoln is the soup restaurant Grateful Bread. I have been drooling over it for a few months now and as the weather gets cooler this damn soup is haunting me. If I'm not too hung over I may just make the drive to pick me up some soup and a motha fuckin cheese scone.  Let me know if you wanna go with. Or better yet, drive me there. 
  
Happy Weekend, y'all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment