FRIDAY September 7
- Private eyes, are watchin you, they see your every move. Yeah, that's right Daryl Hall and John Oates are rockin' it at Stir Concert Cove. I guess the show just sold out but I'm sure you could hit up a scalper to see these 80's hit makers.
- It's that time of month, First Friday. Go to BFF (Benson First Friday) with your BFF for art, music, and, of course, drinks.
- We are huge fans of This American Life, Ira Glass, and Mike Birbiglia so the movie "Sleepwalk With Me" is right up our alley. It opens at Film Streams today.
- There are a few new bars in town: Impulse out in West O and of course, Pageturner's Lounge: Connie O's new bar. Are we allowed to call him that? We just did. The bar's namesake drink the Page Turner sounds delicious.
- Time Out Chicken was just awarded Omaha's best fried chicken - something our friends have been telling us for years. Maybe it's time to head south and chow down.
- Jake's is on of our go-to bars in Omaha and this Saturday they are having their annual block party! Bands and booze, you talked us into it.
- It's a long one, but a good one: Inception is the midnight movie this weekend at the Dundee Theatre.
- A sale after our own hearts: a used book sale! It's at the Second Unitarian Church of Omaha and you price your purchase yourself! Go out and get some more books to add to your home library.
- I haven't been to Lincoln in over a year and a half. One of the best things about Lincoln is the soup restaurant Grateful Bread. I have been drooling over it for a few months now and as the weather gets cooler this damn soup is haunting me. If I'm not too hung over I may just make the drive to pick me up some soup and a motha fuckin cheese scone. Let me know if you wanna go with. Or better yet, drive me there.
Happy Weekend, y'all.