Friday, September 14, 2012

Wind Down / Wound Up

Another day, another dollar. And lucky for me, this Friday is PAY DAY! This weekend I commence moving into my new house and I'm mega excited to have a place I can call my own. And to use all the shit I've bought. Mostly the latter. Change is all around as the weather has cooled down this week and the humidity has subsided. I love waking up to the cool mornings and can't wait for Fall. I think that these new changes will bring great things. So soak up these last days of summer, people. To help you out we've rounded up some fun things to do in Omaha this weekend! As the work week winds down, Wise Owl + Sly Fox and crew are getting wound up for the weekend.

FRIDAY September 14
  • I LOVE 2 Days in Paris, and I love Julie Delpy in general so I'm super exicted to see 2 Days in New York, which opens at Film Streams today!
  • Today is also the start of Omaha Restaurant Week, which is a great way to be able to try some of Omaha's best restaurants and get several course dinners at reasonable prices.
SATURDAY September 15
  • ARTsarben at, you guessed it, Aksarben Village, is run by the same folks that run the Summer Arts Festival, a summer staple. With the weather turning chilly, this will be more of a fall-like event with the same basic concepy to the Summer Arts Festival. There will be booths of art and of course food.
  • If you feel like taking a little drive south, this Saturday is the annual Apple Jack Festival in Nebraska City. Head down and celebrate all things apple.
  • The Melvins are playing at the Waiting Room Lounge with Big Business and Tweakbird.  
  • Depressed Buttons, comprised of 3 members of Omaha fave The Faint, are playing at House of Loom. Should be another great dance party.
SUNDAY September 16
  • We're not gonna lie, there's not a whole lot going on this Sunday. Why not use this day to air out your house for Fall and do some cleaning or make some changes to your new home with the new season?

No comments:

Post a Comment