FRIDAY September 21
- Friday marks the opening reception for the Bemis Center's 14th Annual Art Auction and Exhibition. The actual auction will be held on October 20, but Friday's function is a free event at which you can preview all the art that will be up for auction. If you can't afford to buy, that's okay because it's free to look!
- Let me be real honest with you here. I, Kerry, have never seen the Evil Dead Trilogy. It's preposterous, I know. It's almost as bad as Meghan never having seen Star Wars, but that's pretty bad. Anyways, the third installment of the trilogy, Army of Darkness, is the midnight movie at the beloved Dundee Theatre this weekend.
- Maybe you feel like staying home and curling up on the couch and just decompressing from the work week. I feel like this a lot on Fridays. Luckily, tons of new shows have premiered in the past few weeks and we're sure you can find something to your liking to stream on Hulu and get caught up
- Don't forget that this is the last weekend for Omaha Restaurant Week. Meghan went to Blatt Beer & Table earlier this week and wrote about it here. It comes highly recommended, but there are tons of other participating restaurants too.
- With Fall also comes football. We are pretty neutral on this subject but won't say no to eating apps and serts while pretending to be interested in the game. If you didn't know already, Huskers play Idaho State at 2:30. Prepare your stomachs for some 7-layer dip and wings!
- Dim Light has been working hard in the recording studio for a long time now and are finally releasing their 14 song CD at their second home, Brother's Lounge. Opening for Dim Light is another great local band, Filter Kings.
- A few weeks ago we attended a bonfire at a friend's house and it was really fun. The weather was maybe a little warm for it at the time which means that our current weather is pretty perfect for a bonfire. It's quite lovely sitting around the fire with some drinks and having some good conversation, we suggest you try it.
- Rock and Roll Hall of Famer, Wanda Jackson, graces Omaha with her presence at the Slowdown tonight. Tickets are still on sale and this will surely be a show to remember.
- Last weekend I bought a ton of tomatoes at the Farmer's Market because several booths had them marked way down to get rid of before the season ends. I put those puppies in a bag in the freezer and plan on making soup with them all summer/winter long. This Sunday would be the perfect day to get to the Farmer's Market for fresh ingredients and whip up a big pot of soup for your work week.