FRIDAY September 28
- Robot & Frank opens tonight at Film Streams. This film looks both funny and endearing and has some of our favorite actors so it is definitely a must-see.
- Plack Blague and Dead Wave will be gracing our ears with their music at O'Leavers. After the show members of Dead Wave will be dj-ing. This is absolutely where we'll be.
- The French Bulldog in Dundee recently opened and we really need to get here soon. Just the thought of house-cured meats alone is making me drool. Don't even get us started on artisan cheeses. And, interestingly enough, the World Herald just wrote an article about one of the chef's Matt Baum.
- The cutest little town, Brownville, is having it's annual Fall Flea Market, Rail Fair, and Arts and Crafts Show. If you're not familiar with Brownville, NE we visited earlier in the summer to hit up The Antiquarium, the book store that used to inhabit the Old Market. We also drank some wine at the local vineyard Whisky Run Creek. The Flea Market has antiques, crafts, and food and is located in Brownville's adorable "downtown" area. It's only about an hour away and a great way to get out of town while the weather is still so nice.
- Grab your partner and do-si-do, this weekend is River City Roundup down at the Century Link Center. Pull on our boots, strap on that belt buckle, and top it off with a hat and head down for some rodeo fun. I had no idea until I went to the website, but this event is the world's second largest rodeo which seems INSANE to me! In addition to the rode is a stock-show and the Douglas County fair.
- As you may already know, the Huskers are playing Wisconsin at home at 7 PM. The game is on ABC. This is perfect for a little game-watching party.
- If you haven't noticed, we are huge fans of Sunday breakfast/brunch. Apparently 11-Worth is now one of the 20 best breakfast places in the United States! We suggest you treat yo tastebuds this morning, they deserve it.
- Another event we had no idea existed is the Omaha Chocolate Festival, held at UNO. The $5.00 admission charge also gets you 5 chocolate samples, which we think will be worth every penny. Over 40 vendors will also be selling their delicious goods. All girls like chocolate, right?