Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Scouring & Devouring Omaha: Dixie Quicks

I was a little stumped when thinking about where to go for my coveted birthday dinner. I thought about it, and I thought about it when one of my friends suggested we go over state lines to visit Dixie Quick's.
 
I hadn't visited Dixie Quick's since it moved to its Council Bluffs location but I remember it being one of the best breakfasts I had ever had in my life. Dining at the new space is a delight. With a  warm atmosphere and bright spirit, their wide variety of delicious foods will leave you satisfied and full.
 

When we arrived, there were only a few tables taken. I had made a reservation, and by the time 7 pm rolled around the restaurant was filling up fast, so I would recommend calling ahead to secure a table. There was even a wedding rehearsal dinner going on in the party room in the back (PS what a great idea! I would LOVE to host some big celebratory family event here). Their decor is both clean and creative with light fixtures and doors hanging from the ceiling

And tables topped with old record covers under thick silicone tablecloths. 


We sat at our table which faced downtown Council Bluffs, huge windows make it a good people watching spot. Too bad it was such a cruddy night last Thursday.


On the table were adorable old chalkboards with the night's specials. 


One of my favorite parts of dinning out is ordering a nice bottle of wine. Luckily, Dixie Quicks has an extensive wine list too.
 

Other than the night's specials, there's a huge chalkboard in the middle of the restaurant listing their full menu. They also just started serving breakfast all day in case you feel like getting some brinner.

Cooper opted for the Shrimp Chilequiles special. A massive amount of shrimp coated in a spicy chili sauce on top of a bed of corn chips packed a lot of power. 

I went with one of their many delicious sounding dinner omelets which was filled with apple strings and blue cheese. There was copious amounts of blue cheese slathered inside of the fluffy, buttery eggs which at times was a little overpowering, but with the right amount of apple was perfect. Oh yeah, I also got a side of mashed potatoes because, well why wouldn't I?

Overall it was a wonderful birthday dinner. I couldn't ask for anything better. After our meal we walked around the RNG Gallery next door which is ran by one of the restaurant owners. 
 

So go enjoy a nice meal over in Council Bluffs. And be sure to annunciate the restaurant's name because you don't want people thinking you went to a Dixie Chick's concert like my mom did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment