Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Under Pressure - Viewing Screen-Printing & Joslyn's Modern Take

Recently I purchased a daily deal for half off of a family membership to the Joslyn Art Museum. I was so extremely excited when our membership cards finally arrived and even more excited that my first act as a member would be to go see their most recent exhibition Under Pressure. For me, the Joslyn always represented a more traditional side of art. This latest exhibition breaks that mold and focuses on the modern form of screen printing.


Walking through the rooms I was struck by how modern the works looked. Especially as so many were grouped together in such a way I had never seen before really utilizing all of that great wall space.




Screen printing has always been an interesting process to me. In my time in Omaha I've come to meet a lot of people who work in the medium - most of them were employees at a local merchandising company Impact. Using the very industrial method to create these intricate pieces of artwork is truly amazing.


Kudos to the Joslyn for moving into the future of artwork. It's definitely something this town needs.

I did wonder over to the other side of the museum and was totally enthralled by this work, I don't know, it makes me want to know her story...

No comments:

Post a Comment