Monday, October 15, 2012

Web Wilderness / Branching Out

Well that was a whirlwind of a weekend. I did seem to accomplish a lot - survived the DMV, lunched twice with my family, dropped off my early ballot, went to the Lauritzen Gardens, was almost eaten alive at the Benson Zombie Walk AND went to the Joslyn (Did I mention I took Friday off from work?). Burning the candle at both ends can take it out of you, but when you get to hang out with the people I do it's totally worth getting only 5 hours of sleep. 

And so we return this work-week to some chillier, drearier weather. This week also marks my birthday. Of course it's being predicted as the coldest day this week :(. Oh well, thus is life. In an attempt to distract you from it officially becoming dark at 7 pm, here are some fun internet findings - 
  • Kerry and I have been giving some thought to picking back up our book club this fall/winter. This list of 10 books for book nerds gave us the extra kick we needed to seriously consider it. If anyone else in the Omaha area is interested in joining us, let us know!
  • Speaking of writing, here are our 11 favorite douchebag writers in film. 
  • This week we may need to try out this recipe for homemade Scooby Snacks for our pups. 
  • One night I was hanging out with a group of my friends downtown and we got in a big argument on how you properly wrote a capital L in cursive. The debate went on for some time, and all I kept thinking was how the public school system had failed us. Luckily, there are some people out there who still appreciate the art of handwriting. 
  • I'm totally in love with this collection of film's most iconic opening title sequences. It's one of the many reasons I love Hitchcock films so much. 
  • Here are seven inspiring 365 day projects (one of them features a photographer from Nebraska!)
  • I saw a bunch of people on my Facebook freaking out about this. All I have to say is it looks pretty scary. 
To end our post today, can I tell you how absolutely awful the DMV was?! I mean I know it's totally a stereotype but for what felt like three hours I had to listen to three women discuss science fiction and conspiracy theories. It wasn't until they brought up Kurt Vonnegut that I wanted to rip their heads off. Have you been to the DMV lately? They finally caught up with the future and have an electronic waiting system which lets you know when you got there and your estimated wait length. 


Way to go Nebraska, at least you had the decency to let me know how long I had to wait in hell. 

1 comment:

  1. Of course the DMV is never fun my experience is that it definitely matters which office you go to.

    And a book club with actual book nerds? That definitely has me interested and I read y'all because I do live in Omaha.

    ReplyDelete