Monday, October 29, 2012

Web Wilderness / Branching Out

If I had to describe my mood these last few days in one word, that word would be: Lazy-Bones. Ok fine that was a two word hyphenate, but you get the idea.  Maybe the weather is to blame. Maybe it's a hormonal thing. Either way I have felt all sorts of out of wack and the only seemingly possible thing to do is stay in bed all day and catch up on TV (this is exactly how I spent my day yesterday. I never even put pants on). How, oh how, do I get out of this slump?

Well, at least we can look forward to Halloween this week. This past weekend we did a lot of celebrating at Slowdown, Crescent Moon and Jake's (hence why I stayed in bed all-day Sunday). I think on the actual day we're skipping the festivities around town to hand out candy with our dressed up pups. Let's just hope the kids aren't too afraid of them...or us.

So while Halloween's just a few days away, here are some internet findings to get you through the day:
  • I'm not going to lie, I did not spend too much time figuring out a costume this year. I stink. If you're looking for a quick DIY, make this fox mask!
  • You'd be stupid to miss this show on Tuesday.
  • Who knew Wes Anderson and Kanye went together so well?
  • The First Wives Club may have made this song popular again back in 1996, but this awesome video gives a more relevant take on the Leslie Gore hit (PS yes, that's Lena Dunham)
  • With this week marking Halloween, it's only fitting that we take a look at famous author's epitaphs. 
  • I have had a serious lack of motivation and focus at work recently. This letter from Charles Bukowski might explain why.
  • Tom Hanks + Slam Poetry + Full House = MY CUP OF TEA
  • Clueless is the film of the 90's as far as I'm concerned. Luckily Man Repeller agrees
  • This Tumblr of fairy tales for twenty-somethings is genius. 
  • I'm trying to fit all the Halloween posts I can this week. That being said here's a really good list of the 25 most memorable moments in horror movies.  
  • Speaking of great moments in horror films, here are 10 equally creepy songs to be murdered to. 
Happy Halloween Week Everybody! Here's a picture I snapped this weekend at the Slowdown, Kerry was nice enough to let me borrow her beard the night - 

No comments:

Post a Comment