Friday, October 12, 2012

Wind Down / Wound Up

This week has absolutely flown by!It's already, like, MID-October! To quote myself from last week's post: THAT IS INSANE! I don't know where time goes and I've felt like this all year really. I'm becoming more and more mindful of the changing weather and the shortening days and I just want to get out and do everything I can before I lose all will-power to leave to house when it's 0 degrees out. We highly encourage you to do the same and have helped you out by gathering some fun things to do around town right here on this little post. While the work week winds down, WO + SF are getting wound up for the weekend!

FRIDAY October 12
  • I've personally never really watched Twin Peaks but Meghan loves it. If you are like Meghan, then you are in for a treat tonight with Twin Peaks Night at the Sydney. Dress up as your favorite character from Twin Peaks, or any David Lynch film, while DJ Sleepy House plays some tunes. 
  • I'm super jealous that Meghan took today off and is going to Junkstock in Elkhorn with her mom. I mean, I COULD have taken a day off too but I am a PTO hoarder. Anyways, this outdoor flea market will be going on all weekend. 
  • Friday night seems like the perfect night to get pizza. Check out the newest -za spot in Omaha (Ralston), Ragazzi's, which just get a great review by the OWH. 
SATURDAY October 13
  • It's the LAST Saturday Farmer's Market down in the Old Market. It feels like the end of the market truly marks the beginning of fall.
  • I'm really itching to get crafty and this ghost craft on A Beautiful Mess looks easy and they are adorable. 
  • Apparently today is all about zombies?! First we have the 5th annual Omaha Zombie Walk in Benson. Not only is it a zombie walk, the theme is 80's Rock, which is totally rad. Show up early to get your make up done for a small donation. 
  • There is then a Zombie Walk after party at The Waiting Room.
  • FINALLY, House of Loom is hosting Zombie Prom, complete with a crowning of King and Queen zombies!
SUNDAY October 14
  • It's the LAST Sunday Farmer's Market at Aksarben, so make this one count and fill your freezers!
  • I guess I have just committed to seeing Sinister with a friend on Sunday. I DO actually like seeing scary movies and I even more like seeing Ethan Hawke. Here is a review of the movie if you're interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment