FRIDAY October 19
- We had no idea the Omaha Lit Fest was a thing until about a week ago, but we sure are glad we found out about it! This year's fest is especially interesting to us as its focus is on women writers. The tounge-in-cheek writing on the website is also worth checking out for pure entertainment's sake. The fest celebrates mostly local female writers and is going on both Friday and Saturday.
- ANOTHER celebration of local talent is the 2012 Local Filmmakers Showcase. The showcase is curated by The Faint and held at the best theater in Omaha, Film Streams. This showcase starts today and runs through Thursday!
- Do like I do and huddle up inside with some friends and maybe try out some booze injected cider or hot chocolate!
SATURDAY October 20
- It has been a hot minute since I've been to a movie. Well, I guess a few weeks. There ARE a few movies out that I do want to see, including Argo and The Perks of Being a Wallflower, so I'm thinking Saturday would be the perfect day to do this.
- It does look like the weather is going to be pretty nice on Saturday and the perfect way to spend the day and celebrate the seasons is to make the trek to Vala's Pumpkin Patch. This is just one of those places you HAVE to get to every few years and a place we've been going to since we were just wee ones.
- Speaking of movies, Tales of the Night opens at Film Streams. This looks incredibly interesting and is a collection of six animated shorts that tell fables that are set all over the world.
SUNDAY October 21
- Aw shiiit, Omaha Farmers Markets is having a bonus market this Sunday at Aksarben so for all you folks who missed the "last" market last week, you can still stock up on veggies to freeze for winter!
- Don that tweed suit you bought at Goodwill and go for a bike ride. That's right. Sunday brings to you the Omaha Tweed Ride, a bike ride around midtown.