Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Web Wilderness / Branching Out

Whoa, is it Tuesday already? Sorry readers who are used to seeing this post on Monday. While last weekend was another driven by hibernation-mode for me, Kerry enjoyed the brisk Minnesota weather (see her post from earlier today on the Swedish museum, how cool!).
 
So here we are at Election day. I was remembering where I was four years ago on this day earlier this morning and boy have things changed. Back in 2008 I was a senior in college, it was my friend Sarah's birthday and we were celebrating at a dive/karaoke bar in Lincoln called JR's Down Under. When the announcement was made that Barack Obama had won the presidential election, we were literally the only two people cheering in the entire bar. Sometimes it's tough living in Nebraska.
 
In case you're looking for a distraction this epic Tuesday, then here are some fun Internet findings. Hopefully we'll see you all up at Krug tonight for live election results.
  • This GIF Out the Vote look-back on 2012's key election moments is hilarious.
  • Our local news station collected the 100 most popular dog names. Bebop doesn't make an appearance, but Kerry's Oliver does (and the picture associated with his name is awesome).
  • Other local news included this fun look at Omahan's (including our friend Ryan) who raise their own chickens.
  • Someone buy me one of these twelve bikes, please.
  • Make sure you go see Farewell My Queen  this week. It's only playing through Thursday at the Dundee Theater.
  • Watch this UUVVWWZ video which was shot in Lincoln Mayor Chris Beutler's office. It's also Love Drunk's 100th shoot!
  • I always wondered if taking a picture of your election ballot was illegal...
  • If you haven't noticed, we're HUGE RuPaul's Drag Race fans!! In case you haven't had the privilege of watching an episode filled with hilarity and some   fill in the blank  realness you can catch up on what you've missed here (for free!).
  •   
Here again is a obligatory picture of my pup. I caught him mid-yawn this weekend and was pretty pleased with my quick camera reaction
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment