Mother Nature, you fickle maiden. When I woke up Sunday morning I could feel the massive drop in temperature before even getting out of bed. Sure, being able to spend a Saturday outdoors without a coat in November was truly a gift, but the cold finally being here isn't all bad. This time of year I'm glad to break out my thick thermal socks, brew a hot pot of coffee and wrapma warm blanket around me.
This week we'll be preparing for our first annual SPANKSGIVING - as Kerry dubbed it. We ran into a bit of a speed bump when our male guests began dropping off due to us scheduling the meal during a Husker football game (sometimes we really don't get boys) but all is well now. Needless to say, it's been a little stressful but the thought of us all sitting down to eat a gluttonous, delicious ultra-meal together is worth being flexible for.
That being said, we've arrived once again at the beginning of the work week. Luckily, it's the last full week before the holiday season begins!
- Did you know you could buy wine on Amazon now?! I'm pretty sure Cooper's birthday and possibly Christmas gift will come from here - especially since we live in one of the 12 states Amazon can ship to.
- We love supporting our favorite local ladies - have you shopped at Hello-Holiday yet? Megan and Sarah have done such a wonderful job creating this interactive store filled with one-of-a-kind modern and vintage pieces. Check out this adorable video from them about their denim line.
- 32 signs you live in a hipster apartment. Yes, it's real. Yes, between the two of us, Kerry and I pretty much win.
- As a result of the above, Flavorwire writes this piece about what happens after the hipster apartment.
- It's Meatless Monday again, why not try one of these delicious Autumn inspired salads.
- Be environmentally conscious and make this adorable DIY heart with all those twigs on your lawn.
- A tribute to Leonardo DiCaprio's hair in the 90's? Yes please.
- Here's this week's guide to online streaming (it's a particularly good one this week).
- In case you're planning a Thanksgiving meal of your own and you expecting some non-meat eaters, here's a guide to including meatless, whole foods in your menu.
I've been playing around a lot with this free app called After Glow. Bebop makes the perfect test model. Especially considering how tired yet adorable he was being Saturday morning.