Monday, November 19, 2012

Web Wilderness / Branching Out

I'm glad to report back to you all that SPANKSGIVING went off without a hitch (well, not entirely but pretty damn close so we're taking it as a win). And as we enter this holiday week we're happy we get to spend time with our families but pray for the patience to deal with them as a whole. For the first  time in about four years my entire immediate family is able to gather together which is as exciting as it is worrisome. But that's neither here nor there.

So as we enter this short work week we hope you take time to wrap up your projects and clear your head from the stress of your job. In case you've already checked out for the week, here are some internet findings to help you pass the time. 
  • In case you are still struggling to decide what to bring to your Thanksgiving festivities, this infographic will help. 
  • Ok, so the internet has been in a big huff over this opinion piece on hipster culture. Unfortunately, the generation gap between the subject and author is painfully clear. As a result Flarowire gives us 15 explanations into making sense of this short-sided patronization of our generation. 
  • On a not so serious note, this new Sandra Bullock/Melissa McCarthy movie looks pretty good. 
  • Yeah, I'll admit it, I still watch America's Next Top Model. I honestly can't explain why I'm still drawn to it because Tyra just keeps getting crazier and crazier. Speaking of which, apparently she just released an app which helps users smize. God I hate myself for even writing that word.
  • I'm becoming more and more obsessed with cinemagraphs. They are just so freaking cool. How cool? Check it. Pretty rad, right? More here.
  • Architecture for Dogs. That's all I'm gonna say. 
  • If you're in charge of bringing 'zerts to Thanksgiving make these no bake Butterscotch Pretzel Bars and then bring me one. 
  • Lord knows we love Pinterest. You know what's especially great? When you're automatically entered to win a gift card just by pinning you're favorite stuff. Sound too good to be true? Well then Hello-Holiday is going to blow your mind
Check out these awesome cocktail glasses Kerry got me for my birthday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment