FRIDAY November 30
- If you are someone who rarely makes it downtown, you HAVE to go at least once at this time of year. The Gene Leahy Mall is illuminated by thousands of lights and deserves a jaunt through. Then you can grab dinner and hit up the shops, and don't forget to get a warm [alcoholic] beverage at Mr. Toad's.
- Film Streams does it again: brings great movies to Omaha that otherwise might never get here. Tonight Anna Karenina opens and this is the only place you can catch it at in Omaha. Keira Knightly once again stars in the movie of a classic novel, and, also, Jude Law is in this. Enough said.
SATURDAY December 1
- Missing the Farmer's Market? You're in luck because you can get your fix this weekend at the Holiday Market, happening both Saturday and Sunday at Aksarben Village. This is a great way to both get your Christmas shopping done and support local businesses. P.S.: Santa will be there.
- If you are still looking to do some more Christmas shopping and still want to shop local Hot Shops is having their Holiday Open House this weekend.
- O'Leaver's is having their annual chili cook off and pie bake if you're in the mood for some eatin'.
- Feeling low key this weekend? Check out our new favorite bar, Josephine's Cozy Corner Lounge. We went here last Friday night and kind of took the place over as all the other patrons left fairly early. It has a REAL jukebox, and a real funny bartender.
- Don't forget that both the Holiday Market and Holiday Open House are also going on today!
- It's officially December so get your holiday spirit on and start decorating your house, putting up your tree, and hanging your lights.