Wednesday, November 7, 2012

WO + SF Gimme! Gimme! List

I always think that Thanksgiving gets the short end of the holiday stick. For me, it's one of my favorite holidays because it means savory food (and lots of it), friends, family and of course WINE. It's always interesting talking with other people about their favorite Thanksgiving meal staples. For instance, when I went to my first Thanksgiving with Cooper's family I was confused by the pearled onions on the table and anchovies in the salad. They all looked at me like I was crazy when I asked where the cheesy potatoes and green bean casserole were.
Some families are classy. Kerry's family's holiday menu is  always a lot more involved and progressive than my family's. For the Francis', the menu is all about the expected. If you throw sausage in with the stuffing because it makes it more flavorful, you better be prepared to make your case to my father who will not skip a beat in asking you what the fuck you did to his meal.
This year we're gathering a group of our friends together in an effort to have the opportunity to actually make some of those items we really wanted to try, but weren't able to because of someone in our family's expectations or dietary restrictions. We're calling this event "Spanksgiving". So for this week's Gimme! Gimme! List we thought we'd post some of the dishes and other party-planning items we've been looking at in preparation of Friends-giving. Look for a post in a few weeks to see what made it on the table!
Wise Owl Picks -

Sly Fox Picks -


Turkey Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment