Monday, December 3, 2012

Web Wilderness / Branching Out

Unseasonably warm weather aside, it's starting to feel a lot like Christmas around these parts. The sun going down early is made better by the soft light of the teeny tree in my living room. And while there's no snow on the ground, this weird fog thing that's been happening is kind of rad. It's like living in Sleepy Hallow or something

This past weekend I partook in some annual Christmasy events around town. If there's one thing you can say about Omaha, it's that there's always something going on. I've had the itch to try to do it all lately - from being outside enjoying the weather, to finishing a book in under a month, oh and then there's that work thing that takes up at least 40 hours of my week. 

So sorry for the late post tonight kiddos, but mommy's been a bit busy. And come on, it's Monday after all. To get your work week of to a slow, but steady start, here are some links to make your day a little more interesting. 
  • Cooper and I went out to eat at Baxter's tonight (new pizza/sandwich shop in Benson owned by the same folks as Lot 2). Be sure to like their Facebook page to keep caught up on their goings on. Keep an eye out for a post on our experience coming soon!
  • Another local link - if you want a daily thought-provoking writing prompt follow local online retail owner/ designer/ blogger Megan Hunt's annual Radvent series. It's a great way to get some closure toward the end of the year and help you at least start to think about what you want to achieve in the next year. 
  • These storyboards from some famous films are so cool. I stared at the one from Psycho for about five minutes. 
  • Ok so I totally watched Liz & Dick this weekend (come on of course I did) and you know what? It wasn't very good. I know YOU CAN'T BELIEVE IT RIGHT. Here are some reactions to the TV-movie on Twitter which are far worse than anything I could have ever thought up. 
  • When we were at Josephine's a few weekends ago Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead came on the TV and I had forgotten how much I enjoyed that campy, yet romantic movie.  Then I spotted this Where Are They Now? about the cast so I figured it must be fate. 
  • As far as I'm concerned, Rihanna is a great disappointment to womankind. What a waste of a public figure. She stands for everything that makes me cringe about our society. I especially feel that way after reading this look at her latest PR tour for her album Unapologetic. I don't think I would accept her apology even if she offered it.
  • I really want to make this Lavender Honey & Yogurt Pie. It's a healthy alternative to really creamy and buttery pies since it replaces half & half with yogurt.
  • OMG these lessons on creativity from hip hop stars is fucking amazing. Best advice EVER. 
Look at Bebop trying to sneak into Kerry's pantry in search for dog food. If he wasn't so huge he might have gotten away with it...


No comments:

Post a Comment