It could be the weather, but lately I've felt this fog of fatigue looming over most of my days. Coffee is a necessity and so are wool socks, leggings, and nips of whisky (only after work of course).
So here's hoping the fog clears so I can get back to my normal, somewhat active life. We will be busy this week tackling a few homemade presents and food packages to send to our friends because well, homemade gifts totally rule. In case you're looking for some distractions on this very mundane Monday we've got you covered:
- It's Meatless Monday again. This week we think you should make this delicious sounding Veggie Pasta Bake.
- There's nothing we love more than a trip down retro-lane. These 10 Time magazine covers make us wish we had a hot tub time machine so we could go back and live in the world of a newly established Disney World and a living Marilyn Monroe.
- We're totally making this drink this week.
- When I'm having a really bad day, I watch something with Amy Poehler in it. She is so intelligent, charismatic and funny. AND she's a woman who uses her powers for good - spreading positivity between women and providing advice which is often spot on as well as hilarious. Here are 30 other ways that Amy Poehler inspired me this year.
- Tis the season for gift guides. Here are a bunch of ideas for your Instagram addicted friends (and we want 'em all).
- Who didn't love the 90's? So many iconic pop culture milestones, many of which were played out on television. If you want to take a trip down memory lane here are some behind-the-scenes photos from some of our favorite 90's shows.
- This past weekend we decided to host another holiday get-together (we think buffering family time with plenty of friend time is essential during this season). Instead of organizing a big sit-down dinner, this party's theme is apps & 'zerts - if you don't catch our lingo here, you need to start watching Parks & Rec. I'm trying to decide from this list of 101 party foods which ones to make.
- Oh my god we might need to have this eggnog bar at this party.
- Did we mention that we dubbed our holiday get-together Serving Yuletide Realness? In case that name is confusing to you, then you haven't been watching RuPaul's Drag Race. If you want a quick lesson in the fundamentals of RPDG lingo look no further.
If you're looking to unwind with a drink in a cozy, lounge atmosphere this week, head down to Josephine's and check out this old-school jukebox. The tunes range from out-of-date Now music compilations to Elvis to Vanilla Ice which was sadly played three times in a row when we were there this last weekend.