Monday, December 31, 2012

Web Wilderness / Branching Out

Whoa guys. That was a hell of a break there, huh? We can't believe how fast these past few weeks have flown by. We had such a wonderful Christmas with our family and friends. Well, I actually came down with this awful sinus/cold thing that totally laid me out for two and a half days. It was kind of a pathetic way to spend the beginning of the holidays, having Cooper take care of me as I lazed on the couch, breathing through my mouth. When I finally recovered, I more than made up for my time out of commission. Late nights were spent up in Benson, Josephine's, and O'Leaver's. On Christmas day night, Cooper actually got up and sang a few songs at O'Leaver's. It was a total surprise. Sometimes I feel so lucky to live in the town that I do. 

So if you're lucky, you're not at work today and gearing up for all of the fun tonight. We'll be bouncing around to a few parties at our friends' houses and then up to the Sweatshop to ring in the new year. Here we come 2013!! In case you're looking to kill  some time today here are some fun internet findings - 
  • I'm thinking about making these dark chocolate brownies to bring our parties tonight. I'm such a sucker for anything with raspberries in it. 
  • As 2012 winds down, let's take a look at what awesome shit you might have missed on the internet this year. I made it about halfway through this list (fuck it's long) and all of it's pretty great. 
  • OK now that you've watched all those clips, watch a preview for the most disgusting show to premier on television ever. Seriously, I want to watch it, but I don't think I could watch it for long. I couldn't even finish the preview. PS Oxygen production team: if this show doesn't get cancelled, invest in some goddamned interview rooms and cameras because those women do not look good in webcam. 
  • The ultimate infograph - Which Wes Anderson character are you? I'm Steve Zissou and I'm not sure how I feel about that. 
  • I need one of these motivational posters for my desk at work. 
  • It's no secret, we love Sex and the City. In fact, I spent the majority of Saturday re-watching some of my favorite episodes. Turns out, the show was just one giant segue. 
  • Lena Dunham gives some humblebrag advise on what she learned in 2012. 

And here are a few shots from Christmas. Bebop and our black Xmas tree, Bebop and his gift from Cooper's mother Sue (a big ass bone from Stoysich), and a shot of Krug on Christmas Eve.




No comments:

Post a Comment