Friday, December 7, 2012

Wind Down / Wound Up

I can't believe it is December 7th. I really can't. It is getting so close to Christmas and I haven't bought one gift. I love, love, love giving people gifts and I really love when I find something for them that I know they'll love. So I think I will dedicate this weekend to figuring out my Christmas present situation and hit up some stores in Omaha. I'm getting excited just thinking about it. If you're looking for something other than shopping to do, we've gathered up some cool events just for you! As the work week winds down, WO+SF and crew are getting wound up for the weekend. 

FRIDAY December 7 
  • Another First Friday has somehow creeped up on us again. These days go by so fast, I swear. We will definitely be up at Benson First Friday checking out all the art. This BFF is also a fundraiser for the Open Door Mission, which several businesses are promoting. Check out the Facebook event for a listing of all that's going on! Maybe we'll see you there!
  • We'll also be having a late dinner up at Lot 2 with our squirrel friend. I cannot wait to devour this food. We also recommend checking out the owner's new restaurant just down the street from Lot 2, Baxter, if you want a more casual meal.
  • If you want to go to a really fun show, check out Of Montreal at the Slowdown. I have seen this band a few times and it's always a toe tapper.
SATURDAY December 8
  • So maybe A Christmas Carol isn't your thing, why not go to the ballet and see the Nutcracker? My mother took this to me when I was younger and I remember thinking it was magical. 
  • Like beer? We thought you might. You are in luck because on this day you can taste 75 holiday beers at the Huber Haus (Crescent Moon). You get a souvenir mug and unlimited tastings. Drink to your heart's content. (Just don't drive.)
  • Shop til you drop! Traditionalists may choose to hit up one of Omaha's malls. Less conventional folk may choose to go to their favorite antique stores. We'll likely be going to both. This year, don't leave picking out a gift for your loved ones til the last minutes. 
SUNDAY December 9
  • More Christmas music for you! The Omaha Symphonic Chorus is singing both Friday and Sunday at the beautiful Cathedral. 
  • Sunday Brunch is a year round tradition that we feel should be celebrated as much as possible. The Omaha World Herald recently prowled the Omaha area for the best eggs Benedict (one of our faves), check out the article for their recommendations and go forth and brunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment