FRIDAY December 14
- Tonight is Omahype's 3rd annual Holiday Rock-n-Shop event at the Slowdown and this is where we are planning on starting our night off at. It's a cool way to be entertained by local bands whilst shopping for Christmas gifts sold by local vendors.
- After shopping, we plan on heading over to Barley Street Tavern to see the weirdest musical act you'll ever see: Plack Blague, who is opening for Yuppies, along with Astral Menace. Wanna see a dude in a studded banana hammock? Get yoruself to Barley Street.
- The quintessential Christmas film, It's a Wonderful Life, is showing at Film Streams through December 27th.
- Did you guys know that Beauty and the Beast the musical was coming to Omaha? I didn't, and this is totally like my 2nd favorite Disney movie. It's only here through Sunday so if you want to go you might want to try to snag some seats soon!
- We are so wishing that "Beehive: A 60's Rock 'N Roll Musical" was showing sometime after the New Year. We just don't think we'll have time to make it, but it sounds like sooo much fun. 60's girl group music is my JAM. Hopefully some of you can attend this musical at the Waiting Room!
- Go bump and grind to another Goo at House of Loom.
- The Hobbit is one of the big movies that I'd actually be willing to try to attempt to see at midnight or on opening weekend. I was big into LOTR when the came out and will still watch them when they come on TBS. Check this out at a theater near you.
- If you're looking to see some music, check out Omaha.com's comprehensive list of bands playing in the area, they even have it narrowed down by genre for you!
- You know, to be honest, I didn't find a lot going on on Sunday. Remember when I said that I was going to get my Christmas shopping down LAST weekend? Yeah, I never did that. So I may have to use this Sunday to do that, or start making our family's traditional candy recipes to bring to our Christmas Eve get together. Might I suggest you all do the same?