Saturday, January 26, 2013

Saturday Jams #4

I just got back from a morning at St. Cecilia's for their annual flower show. It only took me two years to finally go even though I've always lived less than five miles away from the beautiful church. Check back later this week for more because I took a buttload of pictures. 

I also finally made it over to Greengo for lunch and ohmagod was it good. Their veggie sandwich is by far one of the best I've had in town. If you haven't made it down to the small environtmentally-minded restaurant on Park Ave, get down there soon because this place shouldn't go away.  


Son Of Rogues Gallery - "Shenandoah"
This is a Tom Waits / Keith Richards collaboration and I'm loving every moment of it. If I was a musician and someone approached me saying, "Hey, do you want to do a song for this pirate album I'm working on?" I would be worried that the entire thing would come off as a novelty, but Waits and Richards authenticate the sea life in this song and made me want to buy a house boat. 




Cloud Nothings - "Stay Useless"
This song takes me back to my high school/college punk-pop days mixed with a little garage rock sound. That chorus is just so damn catchy, I dare you to not bounce around your house while listening to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment