Monday, January 7, 2013

Web Wilderness / Branching Out

Is anybody else operating in a post-holiday perpetual hangover? I feel like I'm totally off my normal schedule. It's my own fault really. Late nights turn into missing productive hours in the morning. This time of year is all about motivation, but all I want to do is take a long nap. Maybe it's seasonal depression, maybe it's because I'm tightening my belt in the finance department. In Omaha it's easy to fall into these stupors, especially with the dense amount of bars that surround our city (and I mean if they're there, you have to stop right?). So here's hoping this week I'll get back on track. If you're feeling like me, here are a few internet distractions to ease you into your week.
  • One of my many productive activities this weekend included re-watching Clueless for the umpteenth time. I figured it was fate when I saw this lookbook today. 
  • You're probably already decided what you're eating for dinner, but if you want to repeat Meatless Monday tomorrow, this looks delicious. 
  • So, remember when everyone was posting all their political views during the presidential race on each and every social networking site? What happens to all of that political vigor once the race ends? It's a little disheartening to me that we drop the conversation about what's happening in our country just because we elected someone else to do the work for us. If you're looking for a cause, try feminism. It's a topic/cause that I've very passionate about and one that is often overlooked. In case you need a little inspiration, don't just take it from me. Here are some contemporary culture icons thoughts on the subject. 
  • On a lighter note, Al Roker totally pooped his pants at the White House. 
  • If you're bored tonight, head to Pageturner's to see Simon Joyner & Orenda Fink at 9 pm (and it's free!)
  • These are just beautiful. I love the mixture of picture and embroidery. 
  • So yeah, we're big Downton Abby people (don't act surprised). This new tumblr is equally weird as it is hilarious.
  • Speaking of tumblr, I just started my first one for my 365 day project, of which I'm like 4 days behind on. I'm the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment