Well this past weekend got off to a bad start. Late Friday afternoon I received a call from doggy daycare that Bebop had cut himself and that he might need stitches. The result - six staples and a $275 vet bill. I won't post the picture I took of the damage here because it's pretty gross. Bebop will be fine, but I'm not going to lie, I was pretty scared something worse was going to happen. I think it's easy to take our health for granted. Even though now I have to look at BB's bulging, shaved injury, I'm glad that for the most part he's been a pretty healthy pup.
So here's hoping this week will get better. The silver lining here is that having to stay home to ensure the dog didn't rip out his stitches meant that I got a lot done like cleaning and making a few fonts on the ol' iPad. Of course I couldn't be cooped up all weekend (Cooper was home to watch the pup in my absence).I was even more productive in the few hours a day away from my home. From grocery shopping, to jewelry making (more on that tomorrow), going to the gym, and grabbing a quick drink with a friend for a belated birthday celebration, it was nice to take a little time to myself.
Anyhoodle, you know the drill, if you're bored, here are some internet links to help distract you from the misery that is Monday.
- I'm totally that person who gets up late in the morning. I'm also a person who rarely sets out an outfit ahead of time which means I scramble in the morning to find something to wear. StyleUp is a website that will email you everyday with tomorrow's temperature and a recommendation for an outfit. How genius is that??
- Design is a trade that I've become more and more interested with. I was lucky enough to take a few classes this year and the more practice I get, the more I really enjoy the process. I always imagined business cards would be difficult to create, but here are 20 rad examples that make it look easy.
- I made some fonts this weekend. You can download them here and here.
- You may have picked up that we're big Sex and the City fans, though I'll have to admit I'm an even bigger fan of this.
- I've got a special little place in my heart for birds. When I was growing up one of my favorite things to do with my grandma was bird watch in her neighborhood. Cardinals, bluebirds, hummingbirds, they could all be seen in her back yard and I was reminded how much I cherish those memories when I saw this.
- Read this post on our rad friend Darcy who is co-starting a female focused record label Club No Quiet. Then Go to their launch party next BFF at the Sweatshop.
- I'm loving these Twin Peaks inspired post cards.
- I just don't get this.
- I'm loving these temporary tattoos. If I didn't have any I would totally invest in these as fun accessories to spice up a normal weekend outfit.
- This is absolutely disgusting and a true testament to the ignorance of some of the men in our country.
- This helps make up for ^^^ though.
- As a LGBT advocate and a fan of Happy Endings (the TV show in case your mind's in the gutter) this is a great piece on why we need a realistic lesbian character on basic cable.
- I would save a lot of money if I made this homemade sriracha instead of buying it in the stores.
- This video is absolutely adorable.
- HILARIOUS - take this quiz to see if you know the difference between a line from The Great Gatsby and a rap lyric from Jay-Z.
|Since it was so nice on Saturday I went out and took some pictures of abandoned buildings around town.|