FRIDAY January 11
- If you're in the mood for a rock show, the place to be is The Slowdown, where Noah's Ark Was a Spaceship are playing, along with Universe Contest, The Ghost Runners, and Gordon.
- I recently got this great game called Cards of Humanity. Very simply, it is a dirty version of Apples to Apples. And it is very, very fun. It is not for the faint of heart or for those who don't like to be politically incorrect, but if you're anything like us you will have a blast playing it. Playing this game is pretty much all I want to do.
- Chasing Ice opens at Film Streams. Meghan was telling me about this documentary and upon googling it, the cinematography looks beautiful. Unfortunately, these beautiful images show our glaciers changing and melting. Bring one of your Republican friends that "don't believe in" global warming.
SATURDAY January 12
- I was reading this Omaha.com article about Myth becoming a craft cocktail bar, yadda, yadda, when I noticed the blurb right below it mentioning a silly string and pillow fight at Sokol Auditorium tonight!?@? Apparently there are 3 DJs and if you are one of the first 200 in the door you get a free can of silly string. What a deal!
- If you feel like doing something a little different and want to maybe sit in a car you could never afford in your life (plus check out new, reasonable priced cars as well), head on down to the 2013 Midlands International Auto Show. I will be there with my dad. Because of this: SWAG. (Stuff we all get.)
- They just announced the Oscar nominees so now you just need to go out and see all these films to get up to snuff. (Can you tell from my adage that I've been watching a lot of Mad Men lately?)
- Tonight is the Oscar's predecessor, the Golden Globes. I don't think I will ever not want to watch a whole bunch of celebs all dressed up and thrown into a room together. I love it. Plus, this year's show is hosted by America's two funniest ladies: Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. PLUS, Tina and Amy created a drinking game for you to play as you watch...