As you can tell by our lack of posts this week, we've been laying pretty low. Our New Year stamina is running on empty while most of our nights are spend in our homes wrapped up with a blanket with our pups, some bad TV and many glasses of wine. But it's the weekend so we better kick our butts into gear. So, as the work week winds down, WO+SF and crew are getting wound up for the weekend!
FRIDAY January 18th
- I'm the worst neighbor. I've lived near Mother India for over a year now and I still haven't been there. Maybe tonight is the night that will change.
- If you feel like seeing some great rock music and driking a lot then head up to O'Leaver's for some Rumchata and New Lungs. $5, starts probably after ten, here's the info.
- I may not be the biggest Hear Nebraska fan, but they did organize a pretty cool show at the Sydney in Benson on Friday and at the Zoo Bar in Lincoln on Saturday where local musicians will be covering songs of OTHER famous local musicians. How meta.
SATURDAY January 19th
- Haven't fed your shopping addiction in awhile? Spend your money more wisely by shopping at Scout this weekend. It's their 5 year anniversary sale!! It's so important to support stores like this. I just bought an Iggy Pop shirt there last week while overhearing some 22 year old yokels talk about their forming dreads and Psyche 101.
- Hey guess what? It's supposed to be like 50 today so get your ass downtown, do a little window shopping and relax at some of our favorite downtown patios like Mr. Toad's, La Buvette, Havana Garage (back patio), or even Upstream (rooftop). If you want to try something new in town, J's on Jackson got a pretty good review in the paper and they have a happy hour from 3 pm - 6 pm.
- It's time for 2013's first meeting of the Benson Soul Society at Sydney where you can jump in your retro time machine and dance your face off to DJ's actually spinning records! We highly recommend you go for the stiff drinks and all the twisting your stamina and feet can handle.
SUNDAY January 20th
- Uh, can I tell you how long it's been since I've gone to brunch at Louie M's? Something tells me I'm going to be craving their chorizo scramble in all it's jalapeño glory today.
- I must see Django Unchained before the Oscars. If you're in the same boat as me, an afternoon matinee showing at Aksarben theater perhaps?
- Not having cable sometimes sucks. So while most of you will be watching the new episode of Girls I'll be watching Downton Abby on PBS. Unfortunately my Hannah Horvath fix will have to wait until Monday when the latest episode gets put up on HBO
|Don't forget to Treat Yo'self this weekend to something sweet!|