FRIDAY January 25
- Finally, a Goo we can get behind: 'Fade to Grey' is a celebration of post-punk, new wave, and early electronic music.
- I have been seriously craving a cheese Runza the past few days and my stomach growled when I read Sarah Baker Hansen's recipe for Runza casserole. Why not have some friends over for a chow down? Or screw friends and make this casserole for yourself to enjoy all weekend.
- 3D In Your Face is an 80's cover band that I've heard from friends is amazing. You can catch them tonight at the 21st Saloon. Don't forget to dress the part!
- The Corner Creperie recently opened on 24th and Chicago Streets. Omaha never fails to disappoint with its food and I am extremely excited to check out the crepes at this place. I can only hope my taste buds are transported back to old Paris for a meal.
- Since the Corner Creperie is located right near the Joslyn, why not make a morning of it? You can get into the Joslyn for FREE every Saturday from 10 to noon. PLUS, there are several new exhibits opening this weekend!
- The annual flower show at Cathedral is this weekend, on both Saturday and Sunday. I always mean to go to this every year, yet I haven't made it since I was in elementary school. Oops. Hopefully this year will be my year!
- I've never been to a comedy show so maybe 2013 should be my year of firsts. If you're like me, you can catch some local improv at "Mega-Amazement Spectacular" at the Studio Gallery in Dundee.
- The Waiting Room recently installed a new sound system and some new lighting and their first show with the new gear is tonight with Back When.
- We heard something about free crafting at The Sydney from 1-3 today. However, I cannot seem to find anything on the internet to confirm this. Take a chance and show up and if there's no crafting, you can always drink. And if there IS crafting, you can craft AND drink!