Friday, January 4, 2013

Wind Down/Wound Up

It's the first weekend of the new year! That's completely insane. I still keep typing 2012, which I believe was the fastest year of my life. New years can be pretty refreshing, and in order to help you have the best possible first weekend of the new year we've helped you out by rounding up some sweet events going on in the metro area! As the work week winds down (thank God!), WO+SF and crew are getting wound up for the weekend!

FRIDAY January 4
  • Per usual, another month means another Benson First Friday. The only downside to this is that if you want to go to bars afterwards they are a real shit storm. We definitely suggest you at least stop by Sweatshop where there are two art installations, some live art performances, followed by DJ's and dancing.
  • They were the best nightlife spots in 2012 so they are probably still pretty good in 2013 right? Check out Omaha.com's list and hit up one of these awesome places. We definitely recommend Josephine's!
  • There are SO MANY MOVIES out! Some movies we want to see: This is 40, The Hobbit, Les Miserables, and Meghan just saw Anne Karenina, which she described as: "pretty awesome/utterly depressing/still worth seeing".
SATURDAY January 5
  • The So-So Sailor's are definitely one of our favorite Omaha bands and are gracing O'Leavers with a show tonight, along with Django G-S. It's only 5 bucks so you really have no reason not to go, right?
  • I keep reading about this Monster Jam and had no idea what it was. As I have never been to a monster truck rally, I just didn't put 2 and 2 together. But yeah...Monster Jam is a monster truck rally and it's taking place over the river at the Mid-America Center.
  • For Christmas my aunt and uncle gave me a gift certificate to Sgt. Peffer's, which I've never been to but is about 2 minutes away from my new house. I've only heard good things about the place so I'm thinking I might order a pizza or some of their delicous sounding pasta and I recommend you do too!
SUNDAY January 6
  • M's Pub is turning 40! And to celebrate they are offering a FREE buffet and a cash car from 5 pm to 10 pm! I still haven't been to M's (I know, what kind of Omahan am I?), but I'm thinking I should really take advantage of this so I can try all of their classic dishes at one time.
  • I am a HUGE Downton Abbey fan and tonight marks the start of Season 3 on PBS. Why not throw a little viewing party and make some of these fancy Downton Abbey inspired cocktails?
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment