Thursday, February 7, 2013

One

On Saturday night Kerry and I met at her place to make a celebratory meal as our little blog here turned one year old. We wanted to treat ourselves but also wanted to make something fairly simply and inexpensive. 



On the menu:
Both of the pizzas turned out great, but Kerry and I both realized one of us needs to invest in a rolling pin if we're going to make more pizza this summer (we're getting excited to grill pizzas again) because the dough just takes way too long to get to an acceptable pizza size. 



The gorgonzola pizza had a lot of rich flavor. I was worried the combination of the onions and gorgonzola would be too much but once the cheese melted and the onions were caramelized, it was perfectly, yet modestly, tangy. 



Kerry was surprised that she liked the sweet grape pizza, but I secretly knew she would. Mostly because we both love goat cheese so much, but also because I cheated and had a pizza like this before at Crave. To my surprise, I actually liked the one we made much better than the one I had out. 


Neither Kerry nor I particularly cared for the pasta we made. I think it was the mint that was throwing me off. Other than mojitos I don't eat mint, like ever. And while the recipe was nice and wintery I think I would have liked it better with basil. 

And for the grand finale Kerry made this amazing flourless chocolate cake which was super rich and made even more delicious by some fresh strawberries as a garnish. Of course I didn't get a picture of it, but that should attest to how good it looked and tasted.

All in all it was a pretty perfect night! After we ate we decided to get out and party making stops at both O'Leaver's and Brother's. Yeah, it definitely turned into a late night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment