Saturday, February 2, 2013

Saturday Jams #5

I just survived a trip to a very busy Trader Joe's. Come on Omaha, just open another location in Midtown, PLAZZZ. I'm off soon to  Kerry's, we're having dinner tonight to celebrate this blog's one year anniversary. On the menu tonight is warm, Italian comfort foods - savory pizza, pasta with a wintery pesto, and of course the satiny tanins of Sir Julius Kessler

This weekend my "jam" list is a little retro. I spent last night over with the Moon clan which means lots of doo-woop, Harry Belafonte, and overall oldies awesomeness. 


Van Morrison - "Gloria"
This song never fails to put me in a great mood. I always want to cover it on karaoke night but I just don't think I can pull it off. Well, maybe I could if I drank a bunch of whisky...


The Kinks - "Nothin' In The World Can Stop Me Worryin' 'Bout That Girl"
I've been obsessing over this song this last week. It popped up on a random shuffle play and was a pleasant surprise since it complimented the foggy, cold, dreary weather we've been experiencing here lately. Last night, we started talking about how we wished The Kinks were included in the "Beatles or Rolling Stones?" pretentious personality test question, because The Kinks would definitely be my answer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment