Saturday, February 23, 2013

Saturday Jams #8

This 2013 Snowpocolypse couldn't have come at a better time. I ended up taking yesterday off because I've gone to work in this shit all winter and I decided I deserved a day to not take my tugboat  of a car out on the road. So, I hope you're spending a wonderfully cozy Saturday indoors, maybe with a book, maybe with some cocoa, but definitely with these songs. Sorry there's no video this week, these are both fairly new songs

image credit here
Cloud Cult - "Complicated Creation"
How great is this song? I'm a sucker for a group of voices and this high energy song has a lot of interesting sounds like a piano/strings breakdown in the middle that's a little reminiscent of Moby and Man Man. 

image credit here
Waxahatchee - "Hollow Bedroom"
This reminds me so much of Brand New (but with a female singer of course) and I love it. Short and Sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment