Love is in the air this week. Valentine's Day is admittedly a bullshit holiday made up by big business to get us to buy heart shaped jewelry, candy, and flowers, but hell, it's pretty darn adorable. Cooper and I decided last year that going forward we were going to celebrate Valentine's Day on February 13th and I'm pretty sure it was the best relationship move we ever made. We still haven't made plans of course, but whatever we decide it's sure to include a delicious meal (because there's nothing more romantic than food, duh).
So here's hoping that you have a lovely Valentine's week. Eat some candies, send your friend a card, or just tell someone you love them. In the mean time, here are some internet links to keep you busy on this Monday morning.
- The Grammys were last night. Usually we don't really watch these music award shows because they aren't particularly symptomatic of the state of music today. Though, we do enjoy the fashion and the on stage costumes. Here's a look back at some of those crazier looks.
- Speaking of music, I'm totally loving Panto'N'Roll a perfect match of Pantone colors and famous songs.
- Oh, and speaking of award shows I've spent way too much time this week looking at the New York Time's incredible Red Carpet Project which is a collection of fashionable moments from the past 15 Academy Award ceremonies. Remember when Celine Dion wore a backwards suit??
- If you want to do something not superficial for Valentine's Day then head down to the First United Methodist Church and support One Billion Rising, a global movement to end violence against women. There's a march beginning at 5 pm, a bake sale, and music from the likes of Max Holmquist and Rachel Tomlinson Dick.
- You're not a kid of the 90's unless you spent many, many hours playing and defeating every version of Super Mario available. These pictures pay tribute to those 2D video games using the streets of Hong Kong as a backdrop.
- I'd been lying if I didn't say that my obsession with the moon sprouted from the fact that my last name could possibly one day be Moon (yeah, I'm that selfish). These portraits of frying pan bottoms are surprisingly intriguing and reminiscent of the moon.
- When it comes to contemporary women we look up to, Amy Poehler and Tina Fey top the list. Here's a look back at their BFF-ness.
- Ok so we obviously love social media. Instagram, Twitter, Vine, Facebook, you name it we're on it. It comes as no surprise though that you could potentially become depressed after becoming too reliant on the "rush" of having people like your shit. It's actually pretty sad, it's just supposed to be fun people! Don't take it so seriously!
- In case your social media addiction is under control, then start following this Instagram user who has taken to the photo sharing app to share his fun doodles.
Here's another Vine video I took of Mr. Bebop Saturday morning. I love that I get time to just hang out with him in the morning during the weekends since I'm usually running late during the week.