FRIDAY February 1
- We can't NOT mention Benson First Friday. We love how there are so many participating restaurants and bars that have come together to offer discounts to BFF goers as well as to support local artists by displaying their art. It's even worth driving around looking for a parking spot for 10 minutes. Probably.
- Also going on in Benson is Ladyfinger's third album release show with The Seen & The Hussies.
- First Friday isn't only happening in Benson. Head downtown to House of Loom for an Art Party to support the Women's Center for Advancement, a great cause to support.
- Prepare yourself for the Oscars by heading to Film Streams, where you can see this year's Animated Shorts and Live Action Shorts, starting this weekend. I've always wanted to go see these but I never do. I say that a lot. :(
- I've never been to Groundhog Prom, but it always sounds fun and I haven't been to Sokol Auditorium in ages. Wear something delightfully tacky and get down to local bands The Bishops and The Mercurys.
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show is playing at the Dundee Theatre and it's always a great show, with people acting out the movie along to the movie. Don't forget to bring your rice and toast!
SUNDAY February 3
- Uhh, just realized, it's Super Bowl Sunday. I am in it for the food, the commercials, and of course, the Puppy Bowl. I wonder if Downton Abbey will still be on...