FRIDAY February 22
- Weather permitting, head on down to the Bemis to attend the Gary Noland + Matt Jacobs Exhibition Opening. Noland's art work is comprised solely of modern man's favorite tool - duct tape, while Jacobs' works are made of every day objects, like toys and tic tacs. This exhibition is one you won't want to miss!
- Remember that big ass snow storm we had last year? We had a little weekend sleepover where we did crafts, made food, drank drinks, and played games! Check out our post from last year to get some ideas on what to do with your gang tonight!
- Omaha Beer Week continues! We aren't particularly beer drinkers but we do recommend heading to one of our favorite bars, Jake's, for the O'Dell Tap Takeover.
- Still holed up at home with your pals? Here's another post from last year's Snowpocalypse to give you some ideas of food to make!
- Feeling a little stir crazy? Head on up to Petshop to hear some poetry, read by some of our old college friends from Lincoln! Plus you can check out the installation by artist Ying Zhu.
- With the Oscars on Sunday, you can spend Saturday having an all day movie marathon and try to catch up on some of the nominated movies you missed! I, myself, am way, way behind. The only nominated film I've seen is Argo, which I just watched tonight thanks to Amazon Instant Watch. By the way, it is a great film, and it is just amazing to think that it's based on a true story. Other Oscar nominees you can watch instantly are Life of Pi and Beasts of the Southern Wild.
- It's the big show, the 85th Academy Awards. We love watching the glammed up celebs watch the red carpet and rooting for our favorite movies and plan on having a little gathering to do so. Looking for some Oscar party ideas? Check out Wednesday's post!
We hope you all have a fun AND safe weekend!
P.S., Have you SEEN this video??