FRIDAY February 8
- Check out a "killer" rock show: Noah's Ark Was A Spaceship, Ego Death, and Killer Blow are playing at O'Leavers tonight.
- If you're looking for something a little quieter to do check out "A Lamplight Club Original Read" at Greengo Coffee for a night of poetry and music. Our friend, an amazing poet, Paul Clark, is one of the readers!
- Experience an awesome dinner AND art all in one place at Dixie Quicks and the connected RNG Gallery. "Conversations on a Bus" sounds super interesting. It's just that - conversations with Omaha Metro bus riders - and tonight is the opening night but you can catch the exhibition through March 3rd.
- So there's a tattoo convention going on at the Mid-America Center all weekend. I had no idea, but this could be kind of cool to check out.
- The Durham Museum has a cool new exhibit that opens this weekend called Women Who Rock. The exhibit celebrates female musicians from the 1920's to the 90's. Girl power!
- That band's whose name is torture to say out loud is having an album release show at The Waiting Room. Yep, UUVVWWZ are playing with Touch People and The Renfields.
- That guy who wears those truck hats is having a comedy show at The Waiting Room. No, not Ashton Kutcher, the much funnier dude from 30 Rock - Judah Friedlander. We love him in 30 Rock and are sure you'll laugh your asses off.
- In preparation for the Oscars, the Pizza Shoppe Collective is having an Oscar movie trivia night.