Friday, February 8, 2013

Wind Down / Wound Up

This weekend my parents are going out of town so my plan for the weekend is to take a bath in their jacuzzi tub and watch LOTS of cable television. Ohhhhh, yeeeaaah. (Hi, Mom!) Other than that my calendar is pretty empty. If you're like me and still looking for something to do, I've made it even easier for you to find something cool. As the work week winds down, WO+SF and crew are getting wound up for the weekend.

FRIDAY February 8
SATURDAY February 9
  • So there's a tattoo convention going on at the Mid-America Center all weekend. I had no idea, but this could be kind of cool to check out.  
  • The Durham Museum has a cool new exhibit that opens this weekend called Women Who Rock. The exhibit celebrates female musicians from the 1920's to the 90's. Girl power!
  • That band's whose name is torture to say out loud is having an album release show at The Waiting Room. Yep, UUVVWWZ are playing with Touch People and The Renfields.
SUNDAY February 10
  • That guy who wears those truck hats is having a comedy show at The Waiting Room. No, not Ashton Kutcher, the much funnier dude from 30 Rock - Judah Friedlander. We love him in 30 Rock and are sure you'll laugh your asses off.
  • In preparation for the Oscars, the Pizza Shoppe Collective is having an Oscar movie trivia night.
 I constantly have television theme songs in my head and this is one of those. Plus, I just think it's a good song. Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment