Thursday, March 28, 2013

Restyling A Cheese Serving Set

I've been on the look-out for an inexpensive cheese serving set since Thanksgiving and a few weeks ago I finally acquired one. Looking at the tools, I was a little bored with the shiny white handles so I took it upon myself to give them a little extra oomph



Using some leftover acrylic paint I repurposed the tool handles to look more "me".

I started out by painting a coat of black acrylic paint on each tool's handle. One coat wasn't quite enough so I went back and did quick second coat to make sure the paint was laying evenly. Even better is that this acrylic paint dries super fast so you can finish this project in an hour.


Because the tools are round I grabbed a few cups around the house so they could dry without getting smudged.


After the base coats were dry, I came back and painted small white crosses around the handles. Now, while my spacing and cross-size accuracy are definitely not perfect, I really like how the tools came out. I went back and touched up a few of the crosses and after those dried I sprayed the tool handles with an acrylic sealer so I could make washing the tools after use a little easier. 



Have you repurposed anything recently?


No comments:

Post a Comment