Monday, March 25, 2013

Web Wilderness / Branching Out

Welcome to a new work week dear readers. What will be getting me through this week is the fact that I'm leaving for Denver this Sunday. I'm soooooo excited to get out of town, especially since the trip is to see what I think will be one of the best shows I'll ever see - Nick Cave. But until then, it's still Monday morning which means you should ease yourself into the day by procrastinating with these internet links. 

  • It's Meatless Monday again and we suggest you make this.
  • Tomorrow there's a mayoral forum at the Omaha Community Playhouse, I encourage you to make a more informed decision in the April 2nd election and hear from our candidates. Starts at 6:30, doors at 6. 
  • You guys I don't know what's going on with Amanda Bynes, but at least her ridiculousness inspired this hilarious piece. 
  • Three things I love: Books, Design, and Quentin Tarantino which mean that these re-designs of Tarantino movies as Penguin Classics are my new favorite things in the world. 
  • So they released that book of Willa Cather's personal correspondence, which she never wanted to happen. Talk setting yourself up for a horror movie-style death by pissing off a ghost.
  • Jenna Lyons is one of my female style icons. This look at her extensive shoe collection (289 pairs!) makes my jar drop. 
  • How's your Fug Madness bracket going?
  • Oh, did you miss the fact that Tina Fey sat down with James Lipton? Here are some highlights. 
  • I love this wall arrangement. 
  • During the week I have no idea what to do with my unwashed hair, usually I just end up throwing it in a ponytail, but not anymore thanks to this inspiration. 
  • This is the most hilarious/adorable thing I've seen in a long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment