It was a long, long week. A little mid-week bowling with friends helped us get through the doldrums of the week but we are still extremely happy to greet the weekend, snow showers and all. As the work week winds down, WO+SF and crew are getting wound up for the weekend. Here's the list of events going on in Omaha that we're most excited about.
FRIDAY March 22
- Help support the Community Bike Shop AND see an awesome rock show at the same time. UUVVWWZ, Simon Joyner, M34N Str33t, and No I'm the Pilot are all playing at the Slowdown tonight with part of the proceeds going to the shop!
- As children of the 90's we are super excited for "Feeling so Real - An Early 90's Rave Extravaganza" at House of Loom. We cannot wait to boogie down to the songs of yore.
SATURDAY March 23
- Get your Easter egg hunt on! There are egg hunts ALL OVER this city! Grab a kid you know as a guise to actually participate in the hunt yourself and you're covered.
- Everyone's buzzing about March Madness. We're even having a little girly league bracket competition ourselves with our squirrel friends and I will admit that I have been checking out my stats a little obsessively. March Madness is a great excuse to park in front of the TV, and do some yelling and some all day drinking with friends. (As if we needed an excuse.)
- SAY WHAT!?!? House of Loom has their second 90's tribute, with 90's hip hop tonight. Break out those Hammer pants cause you're gonna need them.
- We are so lucky to have the Bemis Center in our city. Today from 1 to 4 they are hosting an open house featuring their current artists-in-residence. A behind the scenes look at the lives of artists? Count us in.
SUNDAY March 24
- Last weekend Meghan introduced me to Shuck's brunch and I am in love. Do yourself a favor and go and get some goddamn eggs benedict. Last weekend I got the lox eggs bennie and Meghan got the southwest inspired-Guerrero. And of course they have many other items on their menu to choose from as well.