Spring is in the air, every where I look around. Spring is in the air, every sight and every sound. Hooray for sunshine and warmth! Meghan and I were just talking longingly about the weather at this same time last year when we were sitting with short sleeves out on patios, and hopefully we'll be able to get a little of that in this weekend. If you're looking for what the haps are this weekend, you've come to the right place! Every Friday we bring you a list of the events that sound cool to us, and we hope it helps you solve your weekend "what to do" dilemmas. As the work week winds down, WO+SF and crew are getting wound up for the weekend.
- A while ago we had an amazing girls dinner at Sage Bistro, the restaurant run by Metro culinary students. Tonight you can get a special four-course meal cooked by the competition team, and help raise money for the team while stuffing your face. It's a win-win situation!
- Carver Bank, Omaha's first African American owned bank, has been transformed into a new space to celebrate community artists. Tonight is the opening of the new space.
- Ginger & Rosa opens at Film Streams. We are really excited to see this film about two teenage girls from different backgrounds set in 1960's London.
- We are super excited to see three great local bands at O'Leaver's tonight! Dim Light, Sona, and Goon Saloon will be rocking the house. Plus, the place has been newly remodeled which I am looking forward to checking out.
- We are pretty big fans of the Omaha World Herald's Food Prowl series. (We would be happy to participate in a biscuits and gravy prowl!) The culinary delight of the month is buffalo wings and you can check out all the places the prowlers visited and which Omaha restaurant they found to have the best wings at here! Hit up one of the restaurants mentioned, or start your own food prowl with some friends!
- Another great local show is also happening - Outlaw Con Bandana's record release at the Sweatshop Gallery.
- It's Easter... aka Zombie Jesus Day. However you choose to celebrate this holiday, we hope you have a great one! Meghan will be hitting to road to Denver, while Kerry will be making this flourless chocolate cake and having dinner with her family.